The cultural heritage of the common border area of South Bohemia, Vysočina, South Moravia and Lower Austria is the focus of this project. The Czech-Lower Austrian museum landscape is intended to be imparted to visitors and residents of the border area in a more attractive and accessible manner.
The active cooperation of I-Cult project partners is based on three pillars
- joint museum work
- joint preparation and implementation of exhibition projects
- joint and networked public appearances
Focal points are:
- To convey the Lower Austrian-Czech border area, a selection of sights and museums made by and for young people and young adults is presented in the AREAacz
- scientific analysis of regional specifics in expert groups
presentations in exhibitions
- publications on the topics of:
- building(s) and life in the Middle Ages
- life and customs in the border region
- glass making and history of the border
This project was created as part of the bilateral project I-Cult ATCZ59, which is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund in the cooperation program INTERREG Austria-Czech Republic 2014–2020.